Friday, December 14, 2018

Tide

Tide Prairie Poet by Lindsey Lou
Where am I
Somewhere far too familiar
upon the edge
Ready to leap to death
Something pulls me  back
Something wanting more
Unbalanced are our moods
So they say
They Them
You know them well
Friends, Family, Loved Ones
Everyone who cares
There's this force that pulls inside
its uneasy like the tide
When I close my eyes and try to be mindful
Boy do I decay
As the storm is brewing
Round and around the emotions go
I find myself on this path of chaos
it's a cycle all too often
dare I break
Break the old ways
Conquer the darkness
Fight the good old fight
Only to have the battle another day another minute
What matters is now
What I want most
it's Clarity
Serenity
Happiness
Happiness is here near and dear
Often do I wonder
upon a starry sky
Is this the wonder I wanted
I strived so long
for it
Happiness
now that's it's here
Unknown is the future
Unknown is tomorrow
Plan and construct
Time will tell the tale

No comments:

Post a Comment