Monday, February 20, 2023

Lighting the way

On the bleak path, upon dismay
Care to stay, unable to breathe
So I scream, silently
Cuts so deeply, devouring desires
Shall this reap destruction?
I am me, free to be
Upon this insanity
Let me be
Chorus on the way, let one pray
Darkness reading the room
Waking in the day of night
In a deep cold sweat
Taking the flame to the torch
To light the way, following the Noor
Taking refuge within my serenity
Let me be, worshipping Allah
So be it, even when all are against me
Even myself
I strive truly try
Wanting nothing but bliss
But only to dismiss
Am I worthy?
Upon tomorrow, another way
Path set ahead
Strive, do good
Illusion of the display
Let me pray, perhaps paying the price
To hope for today, so tomorrow doesn't fade away
So let us pray, for hope
To light the way

No comments:

Post a Comment